Om Sri Sai Nathaya Namah. We are pleased to Inform you that we are selling the Audio Discourses of Sai Banisa in English & Telugu. Now you can Purchase the English & Telugu Audio Discourses through the Gift Shop from Right Side Bar.
LIFE IS AN ENDLESS JOURNEY. YOU ARE ONLY A TRAVELLER ACQUIRING DIFFERENT FORMS IN THE PROCESS.

Sai Darbar TV

Sunday, August 10, 2008

SAI IN LETTERS (41-48)

SAI IN LETTERS -41

OM SAI

Hyderabad

15.02.92

(Chapters – 43 and 44)

Dear Chakrapani,
Sri Hemadri Pant wrote about Sri Sai attaining Mahasamadhi (soul leaving his mortal coil or body) in detail in Chapters 42, 43 and 44. That’s why I am also writing about these 3 chapters in 2 letters. In my last letter I had written about the incident wherein by Sri Sai’s grace my uncle Sri Upadhyayula Pereswara Somayajulu garu, who inspite of being on his death bed, was able to be present during Gruhapravesham of his new house and was taken into that house. Sri Sai temporarily took away the death warrant (issued by fate) so that the auspicious ruhapravesham ceremony could be held without any hindrance.

If Sri Sai had not temporarily put away my uncle’s moment of death, my uncle would have passed away with a longing for entering the house built by him. He would then have to be born again for fulfillment of his wish to enter that house. Sri Sai knew the situation and hence ensured that my uncle’s ardent wish was fulfilled, thus paved the way for his passing away peacefully. Now I will write about these aspects. My uncle Sri Somayujulu garu, while lying on a stretcher, was full of enthusiasm on that day 29 Jan 92, he called by name each relative present on that occasion, talked to them and requested them to have lunch before they return to their homes. He called his sister and asked her to sing a devotional song very dear to him “Neevindedi Konda paina Nenundedi Nela paina (You reside on a hill I reside on earth)” and bowed to Sri Venkateswara Swami (Lord Venkateswara who resides on 7 hills). All relatives and guests finished having their lunch that afternoon and my uncle bade goodbye to them by asking them to return to their homes. He called me to his side and asked me to recite the afternoon Harathi of Sri Sai.

I was feeling sad at my uncle’s condition, still as told I recited and performed the afternoon Harathi to Sri Sai. He called me with love, took off his spectacles and put them on my face as a memento. He called his wife and my aunt and told her that after he passed away she should remove the ring from his finger and give the same to me. I was not able to see his suffering and prayed to God to relieve my uncle from his misery. I asked God for a sign to indicate whether HE has heard my plea or not, closed my eyes and opened Sri Sai Satcharithra randomly. It opened on a page in Chapter 26 with Sri Sai’s message – “You cannot escape the consequences of good and bad actions in your last birth. If you have not fully washed away your past sins by undergoing suffering and commit suicide for escaping such suffering, it is not going to help you. You will have to be born again to undergo the balance of the suffering. Why do you not accept the suffering as long as it lasts, caused by past sins of yours, before dying? Why not wipe away the sins of past lives? Let the consequences of past sins are wiped away permanently.” I understood this message, but I was not able to witness my uncle’s suffering and I returned to my home bathed and gave the night Harathi to Sri Sai.

At that time I saw a very grotesque black insect, with wings having an impression of human skull. This indicated that Sri Sai is going to grant liberation to Sri Somayajulu garu on Ekadashi day (an auspicious 11th day of moon in a 15 day cycle), such a conviction occurred in my mind. I could not sleep well that night. I woke up on 30 Jan 92 Thursday, bathed, did the daily devotional reading and prayed for a message from Sri Sai. He gave the message from Chapter 27 “ Chant the name Raja Ram, if you do so you will attain your life’s aim and your mind will be at peace.” Immediately thereafter I went to my uncle Sri Somayajulu garu’s place, I was told that his condition deteriorated during the night and he was admitted in Gandhi hospital. I hastened to Gandhi hospital. He was fighting a war with his death. He was devoid of any energy and was speaking very faintly. I understood the situation, I asked for a few Tulasi (Basil) leaves and a glass of water. I sat near his head and recited the noon Harathi of Sri Sai.

I offered sugar to Sri Sai and put that consecrated sugar in my uncle’s mouth. He sucked the dissolved sugar in his mouth. Last moments of his life commenced from that time. I was uttering Raja Ram and Sai Ram in his ears and he was slowly repeating these names. Doctors put him on oxygen by 1 PM. The monitor near his head was indicating that his pulse rate at that time was180 per minute. Doctors were making all efforts to save his life. Then giving up hope they stepped aside. I continued to chant Raja Ram and Sai ram in his ears and he was repeating Ram with extreme difficulty. I poured Tulasi water in his mouth at 1:15 PM, he took one gulp, and I poured again Tulasi water in his mouth for the second time but this time the water flowed out of his mouth. He breathed his last breath at 1:20 PM and I could hear ah! sound loudly at that time. I understood that he passed away and is no longer amongst us. I could not with hold my sorrow and cried loudly. Doctors came and told me that I should not cry loudly in the ward. What do they know the agony and suffering in my mind? My Sai has left me and gone away. All relatives came and asked me about the time of my uncle’s passing away. I told them that he passed away at 1:20 PM on 30 Jan 92 Thursday. One of the relatives commented “ Somayajulu passed away on Ekadashi day just as Bhismacharya, how lucky was he?” Yes he started his fight with death on Dasami day, left the physical body on Ekadashi and merged with Sri Sai.
I consider this as his spiritual victory. In those days, Sri Sai attained Mahasamadhi on 15 October 1918 at 2:30 PM after completion of noon Harathi.

Sri Sai took his last sip of Tulasi water from Nanasaheb Nimonkar on a Dasami / Ekadashi day. Sai in my life, my uncle Sri Somayajulu garu took his last sip of Tulasi water from my hands on Ekadashi day. Sri Sai answered my prayers, kept his word and fulfilled my wish for experiencing the emotions felt by HIS devotees at the time of HIS Mahasamadhi in this way at the time of passing away of my Sai Sri Somayujulu garu. One more incident narrated in this chapter has a parallel in my life. Baba appears in Lakshman mama Joshi’s dream, pulls him by hand and tells him “Wake up fast, Bapu saheb thinks that I am dead, so he will not come, you perform my puja and give Kakada Harathi (given at pre-dawn time)”. That day 11 Feb 92, it was 12th day after passing away of my uncle Sri Somayajulu garu, time for giving early morning Harathi to Sri Sai was fast approaching, the alarm did not ring, I did not get up from my sleep feeling still lazy, Sri Sai appeared, in the form of my uncle Sri Somayajulu garu, in my dream and asked me to recite his favourite Kakada Harathi. I got up with a start and looked at the clock on the wall, it was showing 6 AM in the morning, my alarm clock was not working, and I brushed my teeth and gave Kakada Harathi to Sri Sai.

When mortal remains of my uncle Sri Somayajulu garu were placed on the funeral pyre at sunset time on 30 Jan 92, I remembered what Sri Hemadri Pant said in this chapter “The body made out of 5 elements will decay, the soul which is inside the body is the TRUTH, that soul is SAI”. The day when all of us realize that Sri Sai is in you, in me and in everyone else, there
will be no dearth of happiness and peace in this world.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your father.

SAI IN LETTERS -42

OM SAI

Hyderabad

16.02.92
(Chapter 45)

Dear Chakrapani,
Hemadri Pant revealed a few details and aspects of Sri Sai in this chapter. Each Sai Bandhu (Devotee) must Remember words from this chapter – “ We must have complete faith in our own strength or power instead of depending on others”. I have taken these words as the words said by Sri Sai and I am living placing complete faith in Sri Sai. When we say that we have faith in Sri Sai, it implies that we have faith in ourselves. I will consider myself as lucky if this life continues on these lines. Sri Sai’s blessings mentioned in this chapter are applicable to my life and are unforgettable. The blessing is – “ Go now, you will be safe, there is no reason for being afraid or anxious”. This blessing literally applies to my life. I went on work related, to my office, to Madras in 1990 in connection with my promotion. The interview for the promotion was scheduled for early morning next day. I meditated on Sri Sai previous night and slept. I woke up early that morning and did my daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra. It was chapter 45 on that day. My mind was restless, while I was doing the daily devotional reading. A new enthusiasm crept into me the moment I read Sri Sai’s blessing in this chapter. I went for the interview with that enthusiasm and achieved success. I chanted Sri Sai’s name and meditated on it while sitting in the garden for a short while before proceeding inside for the interview. At that time I noticed a white coloured Koel (bird) perched on a tree, located across the place where I was sitting, and chirping / singing it’s typical sound Coo. This sight greatly astonished me, as the Koel’s body was white in colour whereas the head was black in colour. I had never seen such a strange bird in my life till then. A thought occurred to me that Sri Sai has appeared in the form of white Koel for giving confidence to me.

This aspect is beautifully amplified by Sri Hemadri Pant thus – Meditation on Guru’s name, while keeping only HIS form in mind, and chanting the name will make it possible to see HIM in all animate things such as animals, insects etc. This will give us everlasting happiness”. At the time when I was struggling with under-confidence, Sri Sai appeared in the form of a bird in front of me and bestowed confidence to me. Hemadri Pant says in this chapter –“ There are many realized souls in this world, but our Guru is the real father. Others may impart many good discourses but we must never forget our Guru’s words”. One must never forget these words. We cannot reach our destination in life when we forget these words and stray from our path.

Whenever you have a difference of opinion with your peers try and recall Sri Sai’s words from this chapter –“ Whatever, good or bad, belongs to us it stays with us. Whatever belongs to others that will remain with them”. What a profound statement is this! Remember this statement and keep contemplating on it.

In Sri Sai seva,
Your father.

SAI IN LETTERS -43

OM SAI

Hyderabad

17.02.92
(Chapter 46)

Dear Chakrapani,
Hemadri Pant narrated interesting Sri Sai Leelas (Miracles) in this chapter. Shyama, who witnessed and experienced those Leelas, was indeed very fortunate. I am not anywhere near in devotion compared to Shyama, but Sri Sai has also made me experience what HE made Shyama experience in those days. I will write about these experiences of mine in this letter. Before I start writing about my Experiences recollect what Hemadri Pant wrote in this chapter – “You will satisfy the wishes of your devotees” so said Hemadri Pant to Sri Sai. I am waiting for the day when Sri Sai accepts me as HIS own immediately after HE fulfills my wishes of meeting all responsibilities in my life. I am going to narrate the experience given to me by Sri Sai. Hemadri Pant writes in this chapter thus – “Once Baba accepts anyone as HIS devotee, then HE will be with the devotee by day and night. HE will follow the devotee at his home or abroad. Let the devotee go to any place of his choice, Baba will reach that place before the devotee reaches and remains present there in some unimaginable form”. This aspect was proven in those days in the episode of Shyama’s pilgrimage to Gaya.

I prayed to Sri Sai in 1990 for a similar experience. My prayers did not go in vain. I was told in 1991 that the authorities, in the organization where I work, have decided to send me to Korea. Sri Sai entered my mind on that day and told me “ I will reach Korea before you and await your arrival there”. What a nice imagination! I spent the day with a thought that how nice it would be if such a thing actually takes place and then forgot about the matter. I reached a big hotel, in the city of Chang Wan in Korea, at 6 PM on 6 May 91 and a room was allotted to me. I unlocked the room, entered it and switched on a table lamp. I noticed a flying insect, which went around the table lamp three times and flew out through the open door used by me to enter the room. My mind was filled with joy at the thought that Sri Sai, in the form of flying insect, reached Korea before me and blessed me on my arrival there. I bowed and prayed to Sri Sai.

Some people may say that this incident is coincidental. I will now narrate another incident that took place in the same room, for asserting that the earlier incident was not coincidental. My return journey to India was scheduled for 18 May 91. I woke up early on that day at 5 AM and switched on the table lamp for reading early morning Harati of Sri Sai. Surprise of surprises, the very same flying insect, seen by me on 6 May 91 evening, was there, it went round the table lamp three times and flew out of the open window. This gave me an impression that Sri Sai is returning to India before me. In those days Sri Sai told Shyama and others with him at that time – “As the pilgrimage to Kasi and Prayag gets over, I will be at Gaya before Shyama reaches there”. In my case Sri Sai reached the city of Chang Wan in Korea before my arrival and also returned to India before me. I can never forget this experience of mine in my life. This one incident is enough for me to explain Omnipresence of Sri Sai. In the episode of two goats in this chapter, Sri Sai tells about two friends of HIS from their earlier births. I sought clarification on the theory of birth cycles and rebirth from Sri Sai while meditating on HIM. Sri Sai gave me a very nice answer. It is not appropriate for me to write those revelations here. I will tell you, about those revelations, in person at an appropriate time. Sri Sai immensely loved animals. There are incidents of HIS assuming a form of a cat or dog and saving his devotees. Sri Sai used to first give pieces of bread to cats and dogs in Dwarakamayi before HE ate the balance food. Sri Sai told us to see divinity in all living beings and showed us the way. I have mentioned in one of my earlier letters how Sri Sai made me build a low water storage structure in front of our house for animals to quench their thirst. Make an attempt to visualize Sri Sai in all living beings.

In Sri Sai Seva,
Your father.

SAI IN LETTERS -44

OM SAI

Hyderabad

18.02.92
(Chapter – 47)

Dear Chakrapani,
This chapter contains details on how Sri Sai amplified on earlier birth relationships to HIS devotees. A lot of changes have occurred in me after I read this chapter. I may not be able to write in detail about these changes but I will briefly write. Please read carefully and with concentration Chapter 47 before reading this letter. After reading the episode of eerabhadrappa and Chennabasappa (Serpent and frog in their next lives), if I say that it is my story then don’t you feel it is your father’s story? Try and understand the moral from this chapter –“ If one has hostility with anyone then one should become free from that hostility. If one owes anything to anyone then one should settle that account. If any balance remains either in Indebtedness or enmity then it will result in corresponding sorrow”. Haven’t I said earlier that I will briefly write my story? Listen, I married your mother in 1970, it was a Love Marriage as against the norm of an arranged marriage. This love marriage turned into a curse for me.

Your mother’s father was afraid that I will ask for his wealth and was indifferent towards me. He often used to insult me and always kept me at a distance. His behavioral pattern towards me became a cause for nurturing hostile feelings in me towards him. Our mutual relationship vastly deteriorated by 1990 to a level that if dry grass were put in between us it would catch fire instantly. After I started the practice of daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra for the first time in my life in June 1990, I started thinking on ways by which I can become free from the agony caused by this hostile relationship. Up to the time I am writing this letter I do not think that I had meals in your maternal grandfather’s house on more than 3 days. How will I settle my indebtedness to your mother’s father and when will I become free from the long established hostility between us? Only Sainath has an answer to this question.

In Sri Sai Seva,
Your father.

SAI IN LETTERS -45

OM SAI

Hydearabad
19.02.92 (Chapter 48)

Dear Chakrapani,
Sri Hemadri Pant described in this chapter Sri Sai’s philosophy and HIS love for HIS devotees. By virtue of our good deeds in previous births we get such a Sadguru (good preceptor).

Importance of Love has been very beautifully explained in this chapter. Once in a while I get a feeling how can one claim to be Sri Sai devotee if you cannot love your neighbour? This question is not addressed to any one in particular. It is enough if each individual puts this question to self and contemplate on it. If your conscience gives an answer to this question that “Yes I do love my neighbour.” then you earn Sri Sai’s grace. There is no dispute on this score. The confident words uttered by Sri Shevade to his fellow students – “I have complete faith in HIM. His utterances will never become untruth. I will undoubtedly pass the examination”, as stated in this chapter are also inspiring confidence in me. Each Sai Bandhu (devotee), when faced with a difficult situation in his / her life, would pray with pure mind to Sri Sai and would rise up victoriously from that situation. There is only one prayer that I have submitted to Sri Sai with pure mind – “I wish to breathe my last breath on a Thursday at the feet of Sri Sai”. You may feel bad about this wish of mine. This is a test for Sri Sai and me. I believe that I will succeed with Sri Sai’s grace. You will have to stand as a witness to this belief of mine and it is for Sri Sai to grant victory (fulfillment of wish).

While doing daily devotional reading, I came across the following message of Sri Sai in this chapter – “These feet are old, they are divine. Your tribulations are over. Have full faith only in ME. Your wish will be fulfilled”. I got ready to leave for my office.

At that time a person arrived shouting telegram. A thought occurred in me that the contents of that telegram are blessings of Sri Sai, as I have read the message –“Your wish will be fulfilled” this morning during daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra. The telegram contained the message that an alliance for your elder sister Hemalatha has been fixed. The meeting between the prospective groom, his family members, your elder sister and us took place couple of days ago. I wished that this match be finalized for the wedding to be solemnized. I read Sri Sai’s message this morning and then the telegram arrived announcing approval of the match by the groom’s side. Is not all this a Sri Sai Leela (divine happening)? Pause and think once about the sequence of events. Both your elder sister and myself have earnestly prayed to Sri Sai seeking HIS help in this alliance. Sri Sai has heard our prayers and has fulfilled our wish. At this happy moment I bow once more to Sri Sai.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your father.

SAI IN LETTERS -46

OM SAI

Rajamundry railway station

20.02.92
(Chapter – 49)

Dear Chakrapani,
Sri Hemadri Pant narrates stories of two individuals who became Sai devotees and of a Sai devotee, who was in a mental agony, as he could not control his senses, in this chapter. You will be very much surprised when you read these three episodes before reading this letter. You will generate an intense faith in Sri Sai. By the way, I have not explained why I am writing this letter from Rajamundry railway station isn’t it? I have done today’s daily devotional reading of chapter 49 in Sri Sai Satcharitra while traveling in a train. You can see a close relationship between this train journey of mine, my life’s journey analogous to a train journey and Sri Hemadri Pant’s words in this chapter – “If we perform our duties Sri Sai will unfailingly help us.” I commenced this train journey from Secunderabad railway station last night for Visakhapatnam for fulfilling my duties in life, placing faith in these words. I am writing this letter en-route from Rajamundry railway station. It is my duty to perform wedding of your elder sister. There is a need for formally accepting the alliance this evening at Visakhapatnam and finalize the details for the ceremony. I am going ahead seeking Sri Sai’s help in the matter. The advice given by Guru to Sri Somadeva Swami is narrated in this chapter thus – “The place, where the mind is at peace, happy and is attracted to, is the place where we must take rest”. Listen now, I am telling you the wish I am aspiring for in my life.

I want to build Sai Darbar in my house, built by me at Kamala nagar in Hyderabad, and want to spend the rest of my life in service of Sri Sai. I need Sri Sai’s grace and your co-operation for fulfillment of this wish of mine. There is a need for everyone to know Sri Sai’s advice to Nanasaheb Chandorkar, when he was in a mental turmoil due to his inability to control his senses on seeing a beautiful woman, as narrated in this chapter – “Nana! Why are you unnecessarily restless? Let the sensory organs do their work. We should not interfere with them. GOD has created this beautiful world, so everyone has a right to view this beauty and be happy”. Nana realized his mistake and drove away the evil thoughts from his mind. In my case, when I was in meditation once, Sri Sai said – “ Desire for other woman (not one’s wife) and relationship with such a woman is analogous to traveling without a ticket in a train”. There will not be peace and happiness in such a journey in life and we will not reach our life’s destination. I cannot write to you more explicitly than this regarding this matter. Please go ahead in your life keeping in view what is good and what is bad.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your father.

SAI IN LETTERS -47

OM SAI

Visakhapatnam

21.02.92
(Chapter – 50)

Dear Chakrapani,
Sri Hemadri Pant narrated stories of prominent Sai devotees in this chapter. Recognize the Divine Love showered by Sri Sai on HIS devotees. You must also make efforts to earn that Divine Love from Sri Sai. You will recall, from my yesterday’s letter, the reason why I am writing this letter from Visakhapatnam. Yesterday I went to Sri Sanyasi Rao’s house at 5 PM and finalized the alliance of your elder sister with their elder son Chiranjeevi (prefix, meaning with long life, used for a young person) Ramakrishna. They did not ask for any dowry. They gave a list of traditional wedding gifts to groom and relatives, the list had Sri Sai written on top of the page and I happily agreed for all. Sri Sanyasi Rao said that he will get the auspicious time and day, for the event, fixed today and intimate me the same. I believe that by Sri Sai’s grace I will be able to successfully perform the wedding in Hyderabad. Let us wait and see. I used to hold grudge against some of our relatives till yesterday and before my arrival in Visakhapatnam. This day early in the morning Sri Sai, in the form of an unknown person, appeared in my dream and introduced himself as Prema Das (a name literally meaning servant of love) and woke me up from my sleep.

I then read the early morning harati of Sri Sai. I resolved that from that moment that I will not become angry with any person. Sri Sainath only can assist me in keeping the resolution. My sister and your aunt gave me this morning, as I was to commence daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra, a framed picture of Sri Sai, which was worshipped by my father 40 years ago. That framed picture was wrapped in a green cloth. Probably Sri Sainath was very fond of that green colour. Sri Sai, in the form of that framed picture, wore that green coloured cloth for about 35 years. I could visualize my late father in that frame on seeing that framed picture of Sri Sai.
I kept that picture on a table and commenced daily devotional reading of chapter 50. I was wonder struck reading about an incident in that chapter – “The person, who decided to go to Shirdi and have darshan of Sri Sai, was greatly astonished on realizing that the same person, in the form of a framed picture, is ready to bless him there itself.” I am in Visakhapatnam and believe that Sri Sai has come, in the form of that framed picture, there and blessed me. Sri Sai gave a beautiful message in this chapter – “You must not think that you are the doer of any good or bad action. Be free from ego and pride. Only then there will be growth in your consideration for others.” Balaram Dhurandhar wrote Sant Thukaram’s biography in Marathi language. I have
written the effect of Sri Sai Satcharitra on my life in the form of letters to you. Your help is needed in publishing these letters in Telugu and English for the benefit of younger generation and for propagating Sri Sai’s philosophy.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your father.

SAI IN LETTERS -48

OM SAI

Visakhapatnam

22.02.92
(Chapter – 51)

Dear Chakrapani,
This is my last letter, in the series of letters on significant aspects in Sri Sai Baba’s biography and influence of Sri Sai Satcharitra on my life, to you. Please read carefully Chapter 51 and thoroughly understand Sri Sai before reading this letter. I have reaped harvest of fruits from the daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra. These harvests of fruits have immensely benefited me. I am sincerely wishing that you and your contemporaries also must benefit from the magnificience of those fruits. I am wishing to spend this life entirely as a servant of Sri Sai. This chapter describes in detail the benefits that accrue from reading this holy book. I am listing the fruitful results bestowed by Sri Sai on the days of my completing daily devotional reading of chapter 51:

(1) On the day I completed reading chapter 51 in Guntur, my benefactor Sri Varanasi Surya Rao called from America and telephonically blessed me.

(2) On 23.03.91 after I completed reading chapter 51 authorities have put their signatures on papers authorizing my trip to Korea.

(3) On the day I completed reading chapter 51 in Korea Sri Sai appeared in the night in form of a Buddhist Monk and presented me a silver dollar.

(4) On 27.06.91 after I completed reading chapter 51 we received the news that you secured 1331 rank in EAMCET (Common Entrance Test for admission to Engineering and Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh in which tens of thousands of students compete).

(5) On 14.08.91 after I completed reading chapter 51 you got admitted in Vasavi Engineering College.

(6) Today 22.02.92 after I completed reading chapter 51 Sri Sai decided that wedding of my daughter would take place at an auspicious time 6:58 AM on Sunday 10-5-1992.

I have experienced and benefited from the fruits reaped by daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra. Each person who reads these letters with Sradha (devotion) and Sahana / Saburi (patience) will receive blessings and grace from Sri Sai.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your father.


Sai Banisa's Mission:
"To help Sri Shirdi Sai devotees in realising that Sai lives in their Heart."

No comments: