Om Sri Sai Nathaya Namah. We are pleased to Inform you that we are selling the Audio Discourses of Sai Banisa in English & Telugu. Now you can Purchase the English & Telugu Audio Discourses through the Gift Shop from Right Side Bar.
LIFE IS AN ENDLESS JOURNEY. YOU ARE ONLY A TRAVELLER ACQUIRING DIFFERENT FORMS IN THE PROCESS.

Sai Darbar TV

Sunday, August 10, 2008

SAI IN LETTERS (11-20)

SAI IN LETTERS -11

OM SAI

Hyderabad

16 January 1992
Chapter - 11

Dear Chakrapani,
I want to write few words firstly in this letter about whether Sri Sai has a form or not when Sri Sai came to Shirdi for the first time, HE never told anyone that HIS name is Sai. When a Judge asked HIM his name, HE replied - They call me SAI BABA. HE was given THAT NAME by our Sai Bhagat Mhalsapati. Sri Sai told HIS Devotees that HE has no form. Our elders call this aspect as Nirguna Swaroopa ( one without form). Worshipping Sri Sai as Nirguna Swaroopa (a formless one) is actually worshipping Nirguna Brahma (formless absolute). This method of worship is very difficult and hence cannot be practiced by most people. That's why we worship GOD with human form. Worshipping Sri Rama, Sri Krishna and Sri Shirdi Sainath belongs to this category of worshipping GOD with human form. This type of worship is easy for practicing by all of us. Sri Sai is Omnipresent and was found everywhere, so wrote Hemadri Pant in this chapter. I agree with this view of Hemadri Pant. I have experienced Omniscience of Sri Sai many times in my life. Instead of writing all these experiences now in one letter, I feel that it will be better to write about them with reference context of an aspect under consideration. We know that Doctor Pandit applied sandalwood paste on Sri Sai's forehead, but what is the Sai's Philosophy behind that act? We have to ponder on this question. Sri Sai gave a vision of Dr. Pandit's Preceptor in HIMSELF to Dr. Pandit, to prove the point that GOD is always with HIS Devotee and that there is no difference between GOD and a SELF realized person. Haji Siddique Phalke's experience with Sri Sai was in contrast with Dr. Pandit's experience .

Sri Sai did not permit Haji Siddique Phalke to enter the Dwarakamayi for full nine months, as egoism was not fully eliminated in Haji. I worship daily Sri Sai and worship different Deities unfailingly on Saturdays by visiting temples . I was filled fully with pride (ego) that I am very pious person. When I recollect the way priests, of every temple I visited on Datta Jayanti day (a Saturday) in 1991, deflated my ego indicates certainly that Sri Sai removes egoism from HIS Devotees and opens their eyes to HIS Omniscience. I started believing from that day that GOD is Omnipresent, HE is present in Temple, in your house and in your mind etc., and leaving behind my ego started worshipping HIM at home. Hemadri Pant wrote in eleventh chapter that Baba has control of five elements. He narrated two examples to support this aspect. I will narrate an incident experienced by me to you so read on. I went to Shirdi for the first time on a Saturday during the month of July in 1989 on our way to Shiridi. We commenced our journey to Bus stand in an autorikshaw that afternoon. It started raining heavily at that time and I could not fathom what to do in such a situation. I prayed to Sri Sai to stop the incessant rain, started meditating on Sri Sai's name and commenced our travel in autorikshaw getting drenched from the rain. By the time the autorikshaw neared halfway through, the rain stopped completely . I believe that Sri Sai had interceded and stopped the rain to make the travel to Shirdi comfortable for HIS Devotees , as HE had actually done in the past at Shirdi when HE came out of Dwarakamayi and ordered - STOP , STOP , reduce your fury and subside - for saving the residents of Shirdi from torrential rain. Once we develop faith in Sri Sai, we must nurture the faith for not only for the journey to Shirdi, but also for our journey of LIFE for realizing GOD.

In service of Sri Sai ,
Your Father.

SAI IN LETTERS -12

17 January 1992
Chapter - 12

Dear Chakrapani,
Hemadri Pant wrote in detail experiences of Sri Sai Devotees in the 12th chapter. Before I start writing about a small incident experienced by me, just recall what Hemadri Pant said about Sri Sai Devotees - Unless HE calls no one can go to Shirdi and unless HE permits no one can leave Shirdi safely -.

This is literally true. Think about my case, probably I have written about this incident in one of my earlier letters. Yes, that incident of a dream on a night in 1964 wherein Sri Sathya Sai appeared and gave a message. In accordance with that message I got good fortune to think of Sri Sai in 1989. Sri Hemadri Pant described nicely details about one devotee by name Moolay Sastri. Sri Sai blessed Moolay Sastri by giving him 4 bananas. Sri Sai blessed me in 1991 by sending Moolay Sastri to my house. Isn't this surprising? I spoke with my friend Sri Moolay in office on a certain day (I don't remember the exact date) in 1991. He is a Maharashtrian Brahmin and a very good friend of mine. I was relaxing at home on that day, after returning from office, when the Postman arrived and delivered a fortnightly magazine of Sri Saibaba. When I took the magazine out from its wrapper I was delighted to go through the verse, depicting Sri Sai blessing Moolay Sastri by giving him 4 bananas. I opened the magazine and was fully engrossed in reading the articles in the magazine when my friend Sri Moolay (with whom I had a conversation in my office that morning) came to my house and had tea with me. What did Sri Sai convey through this incident? Think about this. Moolay Sastri was full of ego in those days and did not believe fully in Sri Sai's divinity. But Sri Sai did not discriminate between HIS devotees and blessed the egotistic Moolay Sastri by giving 4 bananas to him. I was reading these details about Moolay Sastri in the fortnightly magazine of Sri Saibaba, and Sri Sai blessed me by making my colleague in office Sri Moolay to visit me at the same time, signifying and warning that if one is full of ego then one should get rid of the inner ego. We must remember this always. I am writing what I consider my answer to the question - What must we learn from the stories of Sri Moolay Sastri and a Doctor narrated in this chapter? You must have unflinching faith in your GURU (Preceptor) and your chosen form of GOD. Once we develop full faith in our GURU, it will never diminish. Only HE will appear in the form of your chosen form of GOD and lead you in the spiritual path that will help in your progress and development.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your Father.

SAI IN LETTERS -13

OM SAI

Hyderabad

18 January 1992
Chapter - 13

Dear Chakrapani,
Hemadri Pant described incidents of devotees being fully cured of their ailments through Sri Saibaba's Grace in this chapter. Hemadri Pant quoted Sri Sai as having said to HIS devotees - I am not interested in the ritual of worship. I do not need eight fold or sixteen fold methods of Yoga and types of worship. I dwell only where DEVOTION exists -. Hemadri Pant wrote in detail what Sri Saibaba did for welfare of those who fully surrendered to HIM in Sri Sai Satcharitra. Though I may not write in such detail, I must bring to your notice some aspects. Sri Sai did not initially show any interest in Bhimaji Patil's case because he has to suffer and atone for the sins committed in the past, that is the natural way of Karmic action and reaction and no one can escape from it. At that time Bhimaji Patil says that he is helpless from all quarters, only GOD can help those shunned by all, believing fully that Sri Sai is his GOD he came to Shirdi and pitifully cried seeking refuge in Sri Sai. That helpless cry of Bhimaji Patil touched Sri Sai's heart and HE used HIS Divine power to restore Bhimaji Patil's health by fully curing his ailment simply by ordering the disease to disappear. HE cured malarial fever of Bala Ganpat Shimpi by telling him to feed rice mixed with curds to a black dog in front of a temple. Is not this surprising? What must be understood here is that Sri Saibaba does not accept anything from anybody without reason. HE proved that SAI is another name for FAITH by making Bala Ganpat Shimpi feed a black dog rice mixed with curds with his own hands. Let us now consider the case of Bapusaheb Booty. He was a millionaire in those days. He had no dearth of money. He had many Doctors attending to him. He was suffering from dysentery, vomiting and cholera, and all prescribed medicines had no effect on these diseases. Sri Sai pointed a finger at him to remove his ego, ordered not to purge or vomit and told him to take protein rich food and thus fully curing his ailments without any medicines. HE cured pain in the ear of Alandi Swami by mere uttering a word and cured diarrhoea of Kaka Mahajani by asking him to eat poor man's almonds i.e.. monkeynuts ( groundnuts). Further HE cured stomach ache of Dattopant , piles of Shyama , stomach aches of Nanasaheb Chandorkar and Gangadhar Pant, not by administering medicines but simply by HIS Grace . Even after coming to all these astonishing cases of cure, if we cannot develop faith in Sri Sai, that is not HIS fault but our stupidity. You will recall that you suffered from malarial fever in 1990 when you were preparing for EAMCET (Engineering and Medical Common Entrance Test) examination. Sri Sai took pity on you and cured you of the ailment before the examination so that you could appear for the same. Whether you believe this or not I firmly believe this to be true.

With unflinching faith in Sri Sai,
Your Father.

SAI IN LETTERS -14

OM SAI

Hyderabad

19 January 1992
Chapter -14

Dear Chakrapani,
Hemadri Pant while describing attributes of Yogeeshwara (Supreme Yogi) in this chapter, says at one place - For achieving liberation in this life one must NEVER be IDLE and LAZY -. This statement is literally true. Sri Sai was never IDLE at any time. HE used to sit alone and mend HIS torn Kafni (robe) by using needle and thread in the afternoons when no devotees were present. If HIS devotees came forward to undertake this task out of LOVE for HIM, HE never used to agree to it. If we permit Idleness to enter our lives, that Idleness will bring along Untruthfulness for company. Once these two traits, Idleness and Untruthfulness, enter our lives, seeds of desire to Steal will unknowingly get sown in our mind. When these traits get full control of any person's life, it is well known that that person is set on a path of destruction and only GOD can reform such person to take the path for liberation. Hemadri Pant writes - If you hear with devotion Sri Sai Leelas then you will have a divine vision of Sri Sai -. It is all right if you do not listen to Sai Leelas in other's lives, but it is enough if you do not forget the Sai Leelas that occurred in your life. I will now narrate some of the Sai Leelas that occurred in your life so that you can recall them. I believe that after reading them you will agree. You were sad on that day in 1990 when you came to know that you did not secure admission in OMEGA (an Institute for coaching EAMSET aspirants) for studying. Then you were elated when you saw your name in the waiting list.

That evening the postman delivered the fortnightly magazine of Sri Saibaba and that issue contained a message - You have gained only admission to a college, you need to study very diligently -. Is not this a Leela (Miracle) shown by Sri Sai in your life! I suppose that you will remember Sri Sai's message revealed on 24 July 1991 while devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra, Chapter 29 - He will definitely pass the examination this year - Your results were declared the next day 25 July 1991 and you secured 1331 rank, just recall these facts. Think about this. Sri Sai gave you a message each time in the fortnightly magazine of Sri Saibaba with my life membership number 1916. Your hall ticket roll number for EAMCET (Engineering and Medical Common Entrance Test) was 59318. The rank obtained by you in that test was 1331. When you add up all the digits of each of these three numbers and their sums you will arrive finally at a single digit number 8 in all the three cases. There is nothing wrong in assuming that the lucky number chosen by Sri Sai for you is 8. Digit 8 also represents eight good qualities required in devotees for worshipping mentioned in Sri Sai Satcharitra by Hemadri Pant. Devotees of Sri Sai mainly constituted from the Hindu and Muslim faiths but HE had devotees professing faith in other religions also. Ruttonji Shapurji Wadia belonging to Parsi faith was most important amongst the devotees of other faiths. You need to know the life story of this Ruttonji. You have said many times that Wealth is the only important thing in life. Realize that this belief is wrong. Ruttonji was a big businessman in those days and he was a millionaire. He was liberal, philanthropic and charitable to those needing material aid. People of Nanded used to call him Dana Karna (a title implying comparison to Karna, from the epic Mahabharatha, who was known for his charitable nature and who never refused anything demanded from him by a supplicant). Even such an individual had an unfulfilled desire. That desire could not be met by wealth. That unfulfilled desire was lack of any progeny especially male one. Neither his Good Samaritan nature nor his wealth could satisfy his wish and longing for a son. When he realized that this wish could only be fulfilled by Sri Saibaba, he went to Shirdi, prostrated at Sri Sai's feet and washed them with his tears. Sri Sai's grace finally fulfilled his desire in time and a son was born. If you think for some time whether he got happiness from his wealth or from Sri Sai's grace , you will then realize. Sri Sai used to accept money as Dakshina (offering of money to holy persons ), but HE neither accepted money as alms nor permitted HIS devotees to accept money as alms. Sri Sai used to accept Dakshina from morning to evening and money so collected was then distributed to the poor the same evening without retaining anything for Him.

Next morning HE commenced the day again as a penniless Fakir. Sri Sai used to tell HIS devotees - There are two obstacles to follow the path of spiritual life. First obstacle is WOMAN and the second obstacle is WEALTH -. HE used to ask for Dakshina from HIS devotees for testing their attachment to WEALTH. When a devotee passed this test, HE used to tell the devotee to visit the house of a female devotee named Radhakrishna Mayi in Shirdi for testing whether had desire for other women (a woman other than one's own wife). When a devotee passed these two tests, then Sri Sai showered HIS grace and aided in his progress in spiritual life. Today Sri Sai is not amongst us in his human form. Each Sri Sai devotee, installing Sri Sai in one's heart, must conduct and pass these two tests by themselves, and obtain Sri Sai's grace.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your Father.

SAI IN LETTERS -15

OM SAI

Hyderabad

20 January 1992
Chapter - 15

My dear Pani,
When I read this 15th chapter for the first time, during my first daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra, and learnt how Sri Sai showered HIS Love and Grace on HIS devotees, my eyes were filled with tears of joy. Cholkar was one such blessed one who obtained that Love and Grace. Every Sai Devotee must travel on Sai Path, as demonstrated by Cholkar, and must finally wither away on Sai Path for merger with Sri Sai, as was done by Megha Shyama. That is why Cholkar and Megha Shyama are my favourites amongst Sai Devotees. If my life goes along the path tread by them, it will be my good fortune. We must recall Cholkar's story daily for ensuring we live our lives with contentment. Hemadri Pant says in the Post Script to this chapter, probably to emphasize this aspect - Whoever reads this chapter with utmost devotion everyday, will overcome difficulties in their lives by Grace of Sri Sai -. Before I comment on other aspects of this chapter I will tell about an incident. I took a vow like Cholkar did at that time. After discharging all responsibilities in my life, I will go to Shirdi, offer 15 Kgs of sugar candy to Sri Sai in Dwarakamayi and distribute the sanctified sugar candy to the devotees present on that day and also to other Sai Devotees known to us here. This vow of mine can be fulfilled only by Grace of Sri Sai. Hemadri Pant wrote in this chapter that Sri Sai says - You may go to anyplace of your choice in this world, I will always be with you -.

This statement of Sri Sai is literally true. I can say happily and with confidence that Sri Sai was with me in my travels abroad. I will write details of these experiences as per reference to context in other letters of mine. Now contemplate on what message did Sri Sai convey to ordinary folks like us through the episode of two lizards. Even living beings of lower order than human one love their contemporary living beings. Then why do brothers, born from the same womb of their mother, fight amongst themselves? So questions Sri Sai. I was to depart on 05 May 1991 on tour abroad to Korea. I went to Sri Anjaneya Temple on 04 May 1991 (Saturday), stood before the portrait of Sri Sai and prayed from the bottom of my heart to make my trip abroad successful. I had an experience then, I was praying to Sri Sai in concentration with my eyes closed regarding my trip abroad and I heard repeated noise Tick - Tick - Tick made by a big lizard, which was at the rear of that portrait. I felt this to be a good omen. With Sri Sai's Grace my trip abroad was commenced on 05 May 1991 and successfully concluded on 21 May 1991. I am always reminded of my feeling that Sri Sai blessed me in the form of lizard on that Saturday in response to my sincere prayers. Now I will write about a thought, which came to my mind in a lighter vein. A lizard expressed happiness by uttering Tick - Tick - Tick that day in Dwarakamayi and Sri Sai told those present that the lizard was happy as its sister is coming from Aurangabad. On this day i.e. Saturday 04 May 1991, a lizard uttered Tick - Tick - Tick from the rear of Sri Sai's portrait seemed to tell me to go on my trip abroad via Aurangabad to remember it's sister. Reason for entertaining such a thought is that the aeroplane I was travelling in took off from Bombay and was on course for a foreign country Korea, when the Pilot's announcement that the plane was flying over Aurangabad airport was heard from the speakers and then I understood the significance of the Lizard saying Tick - Tick - Tick. Sri Sai travelled with me, sitting next to me in that flight. I will try to narrate those details in my forthcoming letters. Wait with enthusiasm till then.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your Father.

SAI IN LETTERS -16

OM SAI

Hyderabad

21 January 1992
Chapters - 16 , 17

Dear Chakrapani,
Nagesh Vasudev Gunaji combined Chapters 16 & 17 of the original Sri Sai Satcharitra written in Marathi by Hemadri Pant into an integrated one in his English version of the book . Hence I am writing only one letter to cover the aspects of these two chapters . Hemadri Pant vividly described Sri Sai's views on Brahma Jnana ( Ultimate Divine Knowledge ). Everyone cannot easily obtain and imbibe this Brahma Jnana . Earnest desire to acquire Brahma Jnana will result in bringing contentment in a person's life. Life spent in such contentment is BLISS SUPREME. That's why everyone must live their lives with an earnest desire for acquiring Brahma Jnana. I had a terrifying dream on a night during April 1991. In the dream I was living in a lake surrounded by big crocodiles. I was terrified and was shivering every moment with fear. After waking up next morning I tried to find the meaning for that dream in Sri Sai Satcharitra and when I opened the book it was Chapters 16 - 17 wherein I found the meaning for that dream. From that day I had started striving for driving out jealousy and ego from myself. It will be my good fortune if Sri Sai remains with me in these efforts of mine. You must start your efforts from now to acquire good traits spelled out by Sri Sai for becoming entitled to receive Brahma Jnana. If you start your efforts at this young age you will get desire for Brahma Jnana by the time you discharge your responsibilities in this life. I was doing daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra and was reading Chapters 16 - 17 on 01 January 1991 at 06: 00 AM. I was very much drawn by these words spoken by Sri Sai - My Treasury is full. I can give whatever is desired by you, but DO YOU HAVE THE QUALITIES THAT ENTITLE YOU TO RECEIVE OR NOT? I must firstly examine whether you deserve or not. If you listen carefully to what I say then you will definitely be benefited. I will never utter a lie sitting in this Dwarakamayi -. I was elated and was in a happy frame of mind. I was about to leave home for office at 08:30 AM when Mrs. Raju, a Sri Sai Devotee, came to our house and gave me a greeting card wishing us a very Happy New Year. That greeting card had a picture of Sri Sai with a beautiful smile lighting up his face and a Sai Message underneath the picture. The message on the card was the same as that I read a few hours earlier in daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra i.e. - My treasury is full ... you will definitely be benefited -. I have taken this incident as Sri Sai Leela (Miracle) and expressed my sincere gratitude to Sri Sai for HIS Grace on that New Years Day.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your Father.

SAI IN LETTERS -17

OM SAI

Hyderabad

22 January 1992
( Chapters 18 & 19 )

Dear Chakrapani,
I will write my views on events described in Chapters 18 & 19. Once you understand these views of mine and when you feel that they will be useful to your friends, you can ask them to read this letter. Remember what Hemadri Pant said in this context - Sadguru (Good preceptor) is like a monsoon cloud and HE showers profusely HIS nectarine teachings over a large and wide area. We must assimilate fully these teachings to our hearts content and put them into practice in day to day life, and then propagate without any doubt, these to others for their benefit -.

Last night I completed reading Shirdi Diary of the Honourable G S Khaparde. When I was about to replace this book in its place in the bookshelf this morning, I suddenly got an urge to get a Sri Sai Message. I closed my eyes, opened that book randomly at page 69 and read the dialogue that took place between Sri Khaparde and Sri Sai on 30 January 1912 - When I mentioned about my writing letters, HE smiled and said It is better moving your hands than sitting idle -. This was the Sri Sai Message I got this morning. I had written in my second letter that I got inspiration to write these letters from your mother on 06 January 1992, you must be remembering this. I have received permission from Sri Sai today through Sri Sai message for writing these letters and I have got confidence this moment that I will be able to write 48 letters to you on Sri Sai Satcharitra with Grace from Sri Sai.

I believe that Sri Sai will give this confidence to my mind always. Hemadri Pant says in this chapter - When the period for one's evil actions come to an end, GOD arranges for his meeting a Yogeeswara (Saint) who gives directions to tread correct path for ensuring ones welfare -. This statement is literally true. When the time for my evil actions came to an end in 1989 GOD showed me the Divine Feet of a Yogeeswara (Sri Sai) to signaling commencement of better times. I am surrendering myself this day by placing my head at HIS Divine Feet and seek refuge in HIM. It is said in this chapter that Sri Sai made Hari Vinayak Sathe to undertake devotional reading of Sri Guru Charitra in one week. Sri Sai made me undertake devotional reading of Sri Guru Charitra in one week during 1991. Your mother was made to undertake devotional reading of one chapter per day of the book. I consider this as our good fortune. Quickness of Baba's response to help a devotee depends on his steadfastness and equanimity of mind in devotion.
It is written that sometimes Baba subjects devotees to difficult tests before showing the correct path. I have been undertaking daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra with steadfastness from 07 June 1990. I cannot see the result from this daily devotional reading of the book, because my wish was of such nature. Shall I tell you what that wish was, do not feel upset on reading about that wish of mine, I wished that the end to my life's journey comes peacefully while I am doing daily devotional reading of the book. Sri Sai will have to make this wish of mine come true and you will have to stand witness to whether this wish of mine has been fulfilled or not.

We are required to make an offering of two things to our Guru, the first offering is SHRADDHA (Unflinching Devotion) and the second offering is SABURI (Patience). If you accept Sri Sai as your Guru, then worship HIM with unflinching devotion and patience. Try to obtain the Grace of Sri Sai. I will be happy when you pass on this advice of mine to your children later in your life. You must remember one thing, if you repose faith in Sri Sai then do not approach anyone else for obtaining directions or divine name / verse for chanting. Hemadri Pant wrote elaborately his views on this aspect, read these views and understand them well. I went to many people, from 1989 to 1991, for finding out about Sri Sai, as I was restless for knowing about HIM. I was not satisfied. Then I remembered Sri Sai telling HIS Devotee BV Deo to directly ask HIM if wanted to know anything about HIM, and have started directly asking Sri Sai for answers to my questions since then. Now I will give you an advice please follow it.

Please read English and Telugu versions of Sri Sai Satcharitra written by Hemadri Pant in Marathi. Understand well the Philosophy of Sri Sai. Please take the path shown by Sri Sai's Philosophy, for your life's journey and experience peaceful existence. Same concept has been said by Hemadri Pant in this chapter in this way - Yes BABA, waywardness of my mind has departed, I have got real peace, calmness and have found the path of truth -. You will understand the inner meaning of this sentence. Sri Sai gives a nice example for the relationship between the Guru ( Preceptor ) & Shishya ( student aspirant for knowledge) and compared it with the relationship between a mother tortoise and its child . I will give another example similar to this one. A Mother undertakes various forms of worships / rituals / fasting etc. for the well being and good future of her children as per our Hindu culture and traditions. Just think the implication of this. A mother has her offspring always near to her heart, irrespective of the fact that sometimes the offspring may physically be away and far from their mother (like when studying in boarding schools, higher education at distant places and practicing their chosen vocation at far away locations), and hence undertakes different forms of worship / fasting for their welfare. Sri Sai Devotees have installed HIM in their hearts and minds, and hence obtained HIS GRACE & LOVE, both in those days as well as now, in the same way. Remember these words said by Sri Sai, - No one goes to another person without any reason, so do not harshly and rudely drive away a person or even an animal coming to you -.

I do not have to elaborate much on this aspect, because you can well remember how a wild cat entered our house a month ago at 5 AM following the milkman and became a domesticated pet in our house. Sri Sai also said - Breakdown the wall that separates you and ME, then there will be a way for our meeting. The feeling that you are different from ME keeps a Devotee away from his Guru (Preceptor). Unless that feeling is destroyed we cannot unite -. That is why you must recognize this aspect and establish a direct relationship with Sri Sai, keeping away intermediaries. Hemadri Pant made it known that Sri Sai did not like those addicted to alcohol. I suppose that this is the reason why I gave up drinking alcohol in 1991. This is my good fortune. On the subject of wages of labour, Sri Sai said - One should not take another's labour without giving just remuneration -. By this the worker will be happy and the employer will be contented. How nicely and aptly said for Harmony at all workplaces.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your Father.

SAI IN LETTERS -18

OM SAI

Hyderabad

23 January 1992
Chapter 20)

Dear Chakrapani,
I will write about Sai Leelas (Miracles) that occurred in our house, in this letter. The way Sri Sai showed interest and spoke to each devotee, calling them by name, at the time of noon meals, was described thus in 20th chapter - Anna (brother) go for your noon meals, Baba go to your dwellings, Bapu have your meals -. I have got a feeling that this is the truth.

I will narrate an incident at our house for you to recall, to prove this to be true. 29 September 1990 was Vijaya Dasami (10th day of Hindu festival of Dusserah). I invited all the masons, carpenters, workers and supervisors (who built our house) for the noon meal on that day. After giving noon Aarati to Sri Sai and consecrating the items prepared, we started serving food to all invitees. There was an unknown and uninvited 10-year-old boy amongst those who had come for the noon meal. I presumed that the boy was related to the Supervising Mason and did not make an issue of his presence. I was serving a sweet dish, when I was about to serve the sweet dish to that boy the Banana leaf in front of him flew aside giving rise to a situation for me to serve the sweet dish on the floor. I caught that Banana leaf, replaced it in front of that boy and served the sweet dish on the leaf. That boy was looking at what was being served to others, as if nothing has happened.

After a while I was serving Vegetable Biryani (a rice preparation) to all the guests and when I was about to serve that boy, the Banana leaf in front of him flew aside, and the biryani fell from the serving spoon to the floor, instead of being served on the leaf. Even after flying aside of the leaf in front of him twice there was no change in feelings on that boy's face. He seemed to have fixed his sights on whether everyone else was satisfying fully their appetite for good food or not. Everyone else had eaten to their hearts content whereas that boy ate very little. I gave each invitee Rs. 2 as a token offering, after they completed their meals. All of them pocketed the Rs. 2 coin given by me and went away. Only that boy looked at the Rs. 2 coin given by me and expressed his happiness through his eyes. Seeing the happiness in that boy's eyes gave me happiness. That boy did not work on building our house. I did not invite him for the noon meal at our house.

When the items were being served he was observing others eating but he did not eat properly. When the Banana leaf placed in front of him flew aside twice, due to wind, situation arose to serve the items on Mother Earth (floor), and there was no reaction from him. When Rs. 2 coin was given to him as a token offering, as was done to all other invitees, the bewitching smile on that boy's face reminded me of the smile on Sri Sai's face, as depicted in HIS portraits.

This gave rise to a thought in me that probably Sri Sai came to our house in the form of Bala Sai ( Sai as a small boy) and took part in the Annadaanam ( serving food to the poor ) performed by me, but did not eat properly as I did not invite HIM and accepted only Rs. 2 coin given as a token offering by me . I spent the remainder of that day with this thought recurring again and again. Please read carefully and with full concentration this chapter to imbibe the practical way in which Sri Sai explained Ishopanishad (Explanatory commentary of last chapter of Yajurveda) to HIS devotee Das Ganu. Realize that Happiness and Grief are states of mind and depend on the attitude of mind. We must be content with whatever is given to us by GOD. We should not covet the wealth of others. We must accept what we have and be contented. When we are able to implement these tenets in our lives there will be no place for not being at peace. One can live happily a contended life. I am praying to Sri Sai to grant you that life.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your Father.

SAI IN LETTERS -19

OM SAI

Hyderabad

24 January 1992
(Chapter 21)

Dear Chakrapani,
I am writing this letter from my own experiences with Sri Sai, not only being present at Shirdi but also being present at any nook and corner of this world for appearing before an aspirant who devotedly seeks HIM. So read on the following narrative carefully as the contents will generate lot of enthusiasm in you. Hemadri Pant wrote thus at the beginning of 21st chapter - Institution of Yogeeswaras (Saints) has been and is prevalent from times immemorial.

Many Yogis (Saints) incarnated at different places and carried on the Tasks assigned to them. Even though they executed their assigned tasks at different places, all of them acted at the behest of a single GOD. But each Saint knew what the other Saints are doing; they never acted at cross-purposes and always complemented each others work. Sometimes the task commenced by one Saint was carried on further by another Saint -. Remember these words and complement these with the experiences in my life, then you will say that what Hemadri Pant has written to be literally true.

I was reading 21st chapter during my daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra on that day 11 April 1991. The message contained in the episode of Sri VH Thakur, B.A., touched greatly my heart. That message was what Appa - a Kannada Yogi (a Saint from the present day Karnataka state) - said to Sri VH Thakur, B.A. I believe that THAT Message is applicable to me, because there is similarity in the events experienced by me and by Sri VH Thakur. Let us see the message first - You must read this book. If you do so, your wishes will be fulfilled. When you travel northwards in future in connection with your work, you will come across a great Yogi (Saint), because of good luck due to accumulation of good deeds. He will show you the path to be taken by you in future. He will bring PEACE to your mind and BLISS in your life -. On that day when I read this chapter during my daily devotional reading, it was decided in the Organization, in which I am working, that 4 officers are to be sent to Korea on Official work. Names of 8 officers short listed were being talked about, my name was amongst those 8, but only 4 will be sent abroad and which 4 the Lady Luck is going to favor is not known to anyone. If the Sri Sai Message, revealed in the daily devotional reading on 11 April 1991, is to become true in my case then my name must figure amongst the 4 finally selected by the authorities. Thinking that all events occur by the Grace of Sri Sai, I left the responsibility on Sri Sai.

I was summoned by my superiors after two days for affixing my signatures on the application for issue of a Passport. My joy then was endless and I was on cloud Nine. By Grace of Sri Sai my name was second in the list of 4 Engineers to be sent abroad. First name was that of Sri Srinivasa Rao, my friend, and the second name was mine. Visa for the trip arrived from New Delhi on 1 May 1991 and we flew from Hyderabad to Mumbai on 5 May 1991. We were to fly in an aeroplane from Mumbai to Korea. Korea is situated in NorthEast direction from India. We took off from Mumbai airport at midnight of 05 May 1991 / early hours of 06 May 1991 in an aeroplane for Korea and reached that country at 6:30 PM on 06 May 1991. I will write my experiences abroad, with reference to context, in my forthcoming letters to you. Please wait patiently till then. Hemadri Pant wrote - Sri VH Thakur prostrated before Sri Sai, placed his head on HIS feet and prayed to Sri Sai to accept him and bless him-. This is the good providence earned by Sri VH Thakur then. Now Sri Sai gave me similar good providence.

I completed reading the 51st (last) chapter of Sri Sai Satcharitra, as a part of my daily devotional reading, on 15 May 1991 in Korea. I did not get any revelation or experience Grace of Sri Sai on that day, thus with a heavy heart I spent the whole day doing my assigned work in the office. Mr. Lee, my Korean friend, took me and my colleague Sri Srinivasa Rao out for Dinner at 8:00 p.m. on that day. On completion of dinner at 9:30 p.m., Mr. Lee took us out for a drive in his car to show us Chang Wan City by night. Even though I was looking at beautifully lit buildings, streets, shops etc., my mind was still filled with sorrow as Sri Sai did not give me any revelation or made me experience HIS Grace on completing the reading of the 51st chapter. Sri Sai was aware of my feelings and made my friend Mr. Lee to say to me at 9:45 p.m. - Gopal, please look at the hills at the outskirts of this city, there is a Buddhist Temple on that hill, lights in that temple are still glowing, should you desire to see that temple shall we go there? -. On hearing these words I felt that Sri Sai was speaking to me and immediately gave my consent. Mr. Lee drove his car at a speed of 100 KPH and took us to that hill. It was 10:15 p.m. by then, and the normal closing time of that temple was 10:00 p.m. Mr. Lee said that Let us try our luck, and we raced up to the Buddhist Temple on top of that hill. We had a feeling that the temple doors were kept open especially for us. Buddhist Lama of that temple was dressed in spotless white clothes. His head was fully bald, he had a round face, was very fair (white complexion) in color, and he welcomed us with a bewitching smile on his face. At that instant I experienced that Sri Sai is inviting us into Dwarakamayi. Mr. Lee was greatly surprised at the pleasant invitation from the Lama. Mr. Lee introduced me and my colleague Sri Srinivasa Rao as having come from India to the Buddhist Lama. That Lama expressed his pleasure in meeting us and recalled his visiting Buddha Gaya in India. That Lama took us into the temple and offered us freshly brewed Green Tea as per the Korean Custom.

I felt as if Sri Sai was personally serving us tea in Dwarakamayi. Now I will write about another incident. Hemadri Pant writes about Kakaji in chapter 30 thus -Who can see a Yogi (Saint) unless HE wills it? Even a leaf on a tree will not move unless ordered by HIM. The greater the anxiety, devotion and faith shown by a devotee for having a vision of a Yogi (Saint) the quicker and stronger fulfillment of his desire will take place. HE, who invites to have a vision, will also make arrangements for welcoming -. It so happened in Kakaji's life in those days. My first visit to Shirdi in 1989 and visit to Buddhist temple in Chang Wan city in Korea on 15 May 1991 also happened in the same way. I take all this as Sri Sai blessing me on completion of 51st chapter of daily devotional reading. I will now write about an incident that occurred in that temple. I had kept aside two one-Dollar notes separately in my purse before I commenced my journey from India. I intended to give these two Dollars as an offering to any Saint whom I may happen to meet in Korea. This was the vow taken by me in India at the commencement of the journey. Sri Sai appeared in the form of Lama in that Buddhist Temple before me. My mind was filled with happiness. I paid compliments to the Lama (Sri Sai) by bringing my palms together, prostrated at HIS feet, placed my head on HIS feet and prayed for HIS blessings. I requested HIM to accept the two Dollars from me as an offering. He blessed me and told me to place the two Dollars at the feet of Buddha idol. (Sri Sai never accepted an offering at night from any devotee - this fact is stated in page 246 of the book Sai Baba of Shirdi - A Unique Saint written by Sri MV Kamath). That Buddhist Lama gave a Silver Locket with blessing to each one of us - three. That Silver Locket was engraved with SWASTIKA figure.

You can see the same SWASTIKA figure on the wall of Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir. I had a feeling of Sri Sai granting a boon to me when that Buddhist Lama gave me that Silver Locket. That Silver Locket is now in the Altar set up in our house for praying. Sri Hemadri Pant described the nine ways of worship. I have chosen the path of Smarana (Remembering) from the nine paths of devotion for my Sadhana (Practice). If we remember and recall Sri Sai's name each moment of our lives, HE will always save us, HE will grant us Mukti (Deliverance from birth - death cycle). I like Sri Sai Message in 21st chapter - Do not talk ill of others, do not criticize others unnecessarily -. If we put into practice in life these two tenets, then all are our friends all are the forms of Sri Sai.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your Father.

SAI IN LETTERS -20

OM SAI

Hyderabad

25 January 1991
(Chapter 22)

Dear Chakrapani,
The way in which Sri Sai saved HIS devotees from poisonous creatures is described in this chapter. Are not some human beings too full of poison? Sri Sai had also saved HIS devotees from such human beings many times. Hemadri Pant wrote at the end of this chapter that Sri Sai said - Do not waste your energy by participating in unnecessary quarrels, killings etc., but be patient. GOD will save every one -. This is a clear message from Sri Sai to the humanity.

My wish is that each Sri Sai Devotee must understand this message and lead a happy life. I will write about Sri Sai calling Dwarakamayi as Masjid Mother and about my experiences with Masjid mother. I went to Shirdi during December 1991. At dawn I recited the morning Aarati in Dwarakamayi during that visit. After completion of reciting the aarati, I searched for a sugar candy packet (brought for giving as an offering to Sri Sai) in my pockets but could not find the same. Agony, for my inability to offer sugar candy to Sri Sai, started increasing leaps and bounds in my heart. I was in a dilemma what to do? Should I go back to my hotel room and fetch another packet of sugar candy for offering to Sri Sai or should I seek pardon from Sri Sai for my inability to offer sugar candy? Thoughts in my mind were swinging like a pendulum between these two options. At that moment I noticed a 60-year old woman devotee coming in with a box full of sugar candy and offering some sugar candy from that box to Sri Sai. On seeing that sight, I was filled with an unexplained happiness. Sri Sai never disappoints HIS devotees in Dwarakamayi under any circumstance. HE sees devotees problems as HIS own problem and HE HIMSELF shows the solution to the devotee.

Thinking thus, I approached the old lady and asked for some sugar candy. That old lady willingly and smilingly took out a spoonful of sugar candy into a piece of paper and gave it to me. Sri Sai (in the form of old woman i.e. in the form of a mother) appeared before me in Dwarakamayi and showed the solution to my problem. HE appeared in the form of a mother. That's why remember always that Sri Sai and Sai Mother are one and the same. I wrote to you, in the 9th letter about Chapter 9, that Sri Sai used to ask for offerings and that I had started a practice of putting a fist full of rice in a shoulder bag everyday after completing my daily devotional reading of Sri Sai Satcharitra. Just recall that I had mentioned in that letter that Sri Sai appeared in my dream, in the form of my mother in Dwarakamayi, and thus made me realise the importance of Dwarakamayi. Hemadri Pant wrote in 22nd chapter that Sri Sai said - GOD is present in all living beings -.

Each Sri Sai devotee must recognize the truth in this statement and proceed on the path shown by Sri Sai. I was restless for treading this path and hence I made arrangements for storing water in front of our house, so that even animals can quench their thirst during the intolerably hot months of summer season. I want you also to take this path of compassion towards even animals and try to relieve their thirst and other needs, and thus follow in my footsteps after me. In this way earn and obtain the Grace from Sri Sai. You will then become a true Sri Sai devotee.

In service of Sri Sai,
Your Father .


Sai Banisa's Mission:
"To help Sri Shirdi Sai devotees in realising that Sai lives in their Heart."

No comments: